October 3, 2010

Sushi and Ice

Last week and the week before we focused on Sushi and Ice Cravings in Class.
We did sushi for two days straight and it got old fast.
There is only so much you can do with rice, fish and veggies.
The first day of sushi I made a veggie roll and a philly roll. 
The second day I made another veggie roll, salmon roll and then I got
really creative and made an orange roll wrapped in coconut orange rice. 
I took pictures of the first day and I missed the second day oops. 
 The following week we did ice cravings. 
We could choose anything we wanted and being the avid Dodger fan that I am we did LA.
I sketched out an idea for the the scuplture but once we got started we decided to just
stick to the letters. 
I think it turned out really well and all the credit definitely goes to my partner Kolleen.
I couldn't really handle the chainsaw and I would try to blame it on being left handed but that wouldn't be ok. 
I did attempt it but I couldn't really accomplish a straight line so I sticked to chiseling and that was fine with me!




2 comments:

danielle said...

dang, i wish i had your job.
i can't wait for you to teach me your ways.

Scott and Whitney said...

loving all of this!