On Monday, January 11, I started my day out with class at 6 am and then I met up with Em and Ash for some sushi lunch! After lunch I got in my car, pulled out of my parking spot and turned right onto state street in Orem. I was just crusing down state street minding my own business, when I was struck on the left side from another vechile. I spun out and was facing onward traffic, it didn't really hit me that I was in an accident, I was more scared that other cars would hit me but thankfully they all stopped. I called Ash immediately and she was there within minutes.The car that did hit me spun out too and instead of stopping decided to keep driving up onto the side walk. I moved my car forward a little bit and then got out, the car that hit me had four high school students in it. They all got out of the car and started switching around then three of them walked up to me and made sure I was ok. There were two boys and a girl and the driver was still over by the car. The girl said to me "I am so sorry are you ok? Are friend is on some meidcation and he totally blacked out, I am so sorry. I got to get to class" Then she turned and they started walking down the street. The witnesses yelled at them and told them they couldn't leave. I guess when they were talking to me the driver jumped the fence and ran. One of the high schoolers decided to come back,got in the car and then took off. A witness named Traycee jumped in her car and followed him, he stopped down the road to see if there was damage to his car and noticied that the witness had followed him and decided to come back. The police had shown up during that time and were asking questions and witnesses were writing down there statements. They finally let me go after an hour of questioning. It turned out that the high schoolers were on a lunch break and they wanted to get a high so, they were huffing aersole cans. (the police found 15 aerlsole cans) The driver huffed and then blacked out causing him to cross all the lanes and slamming into me. It scares me now to know that there are those kind of drivers out there and you really can't do anything about it. Don't worry though I wasn;t injured, I hit my head on the window and my lower back was in pain, but it is doing a little better now. So today I finally got my car back and it looks as good as new! I never want to get in an acciddent again, it is so much work! Drive Safely!

2 comments:
oh UTAH! getting high off sniffing! but seriously i read this blog and screamed. i can't believe that happened to you! i can't wait to write this lifetime movie.
oh my gosh!!! becs that is horrible! i'm glad you're ok!!!
Post a Comment