January 28, 2013

chicken bryan

So lately I have been obsessed with the Chicken Bryan from Carabas! I found a recipe online to create my own and I was so excited for it! I didn't follow the directions they gave me exactly because I didn't want to go to the store and I just wanted to use what I had on hand. So below is my recipe and below that is some things you can add to it!
chicken bryan: (yield 1)
2 chicken tenderloins
3 tbl of balsamic glaze (I use the balsamic glaze from trader joes but you can just take about a half a cup of balsamic and reduce it in a pan for about 7 mins)
1/2 cup or more of olive oil
kosher salt
cracked pepper
1/2 cup of lemon juice
1 tsp of minced garlic
2 oz of goat cheese
6 tbl of butter
1/2 tsp dried basil

1. Turn your grill on and coat you chicken tenderloins in olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on the grill.
2. poor half of the olive oil in a small pan with the tsp of garlic. let the garlic cooked down. Turn the oven on to broil.
3. Flip the chicken and brush balsamic glaze on the cooked chicken.
4. add lemon juice to the the olive oil and garlic let it cook down.
5. Flip the chicken again and brush the other side.
6. add the rest of the olive oil and dried basil to the sauce and it let cook down.
7. Take the chicken off the grill and place in a pan lined with foil. Top the chicken with the goat cheese and place in the oven.
8. Add butter to the sauce one tablespoon at a time and take off the heat. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Take the chicken out of the oven (the cheese should have a golden brown look to it) and place it on top of your pasta and sauce of choice and the poor the sauce of the chicken. Viola you are done!

** You can also add sun-dried tomatoes to the sauce and just add 4 of them at step 6
** It also calls for white wine in the sauce which would really help the flavor but I didn't have time to run to the liquor store so I had to do without it but it would be added with the first olive oil and only add about 1/2 cup and let it cook down for about ten minutes.
**Also you can do chicken breast I didn't have any at the time and I like the way chicken tenderloins taste.
** you can enjoy the chicken with fresh veggies or on a salad but I was in the mood for pasta so I made  some curly noodles with a vodka sauce.
**let me know if you have any questions!!!






1 comment:

Jana said...

I am so glad you posted this! I saw the picture on instagram and I was like, "Oh my YUM!"