Last weekend I ventured back to California to attend my Grandpa's funeral. It was the first time in a long time that I was not excited about going home. Don't get me wrong I was excited to see lots of family but I have been fine with Utah lately because the winter weather is the kind of winter I can handle. My Grandfather died on Tuesday morning after a week of being on life support after an unsuccessful attempt of removing his gall bladder.
So Ash, Case and I flew into LAX on Thursday night and little Mac and my dad picked us up. It was nice to see my dad and mac even though I was home a couple of weeks prior. My dad was handling it a lot better than I thought. We stopped at the church on the way home to help set up for the funereal. Once we finally got home there was tons of food on the kitchen island from beloved friends and it made me realize how many great people my family is blessed to know.
The funeral was on Friday. The viewing was at 10 am and the funeral service was at 11 am. The viewing was when it finally hit me before it just didn't feel real. My Grandma was standing next to the casket smiling and hugging everyone that came to comfort her. The funeral service was long but very nice. My dad gave a talk about family memories and did a great job. He even received a text from one of his friends telling him that he had never laughed so hard at funeral.
After the service we went to the graveyard and then back to my grandmas for lunch and to spend time with the family.
On Saturday my family went to the beach in the morning and then spent the rest of the day at Grandma's. It was nice to spend time and catch up on the lives of some of my cousins. The thing I worried about the most during this week was Trent and how he was going to react to everything. He said the perfect about Grandpa in his last email...
"It came to me that night as I prayed that Grandpa is much happier now. I love to teach the plan of salvation, so now every time I teach it, I feel grandpa's Presents in the lesson and the spirit is just so strong. my testimony has strengthened so much since then. I know that he is up in the Spirit Paradise just living it up. I'll be so happy to see him some day. At first I asked my self if i would ever see him again but then I realized, What Am I thinking I teach the plan of Salvation everyday of course I will see him again. It was really neat cause the next day we taught the Plan of salvation twice and that morning I read Alma 39, 40, and 41 they are great chapters. I love them. I'm so grateful for the gospel and the answers that it gives. I pray for the Anderson family every day. I really hope grandma is doing well. I love her Dearly. I'm so grateful for wonderful grandparents, Grandpa was a champion for raising Dad the way he did. I'm so grateful for the Example that he was. I love the gospel."
I couldn't agree with Trent more. I am very thankful for the plan of salvation and the role that the gospel plays in my life daily. This past weekend has made me extremely grateful for eternal families and extremely blessed to be apart of such an incredible family. Mermories from this weekend will last a lifetime.
Grandpa Blain you lived an incredible 84 years and wonderful example to everyone around you.
photo set up.
sign in table.
the program. my grandpa was a stud.
cutest little girl.
grandma having a moment with her brothers.
all the grandchildren singing "I am a child of god."
Grandma receiving the flag
leaving the white gloves not the casket
Putting flowers on the casket
Sister
Aunt Mel and Craig having a moment.
beautiful flowers.
beautiful grandma
family minus case and trent
Some memories of Grandpa:
The funeral was on Friday. The viewing was at 10 am and the funeral service was at 11 am. The viewing was when it finally hit me before it just didn't feel real. My Grandma was standing next to the casket smiling and hugging everyone that came to comfort her. The funeral service was long but very nice. My dad gave a talk about family memories and did a great job. He even received a text from one of his friends telling him that he had never laughed so hard at funeral.
After the service we went to the graveyard and then back to my grandmas for lunch and to spend time with the family.
On Saturday my family went to the beach in the morning and then spent the rest of the day at Grandma's. It was nice to spend time and catch up on the lives of some of my cousins. The thing I worried about the most during this week was Trent and how he was going to react to everything. He said the perfect about Grandpa in his last email...
"It came to me that night as I prayed that Grandpa is much happier now. I love to teach the plan of salvation, so now every time I teach it, I feel grandpa's Presents in the lesson and the spirit is just so strong. my testimony has strengthened so much since then. I know that he is up in the Spirit Paradise just living it up. I'll be so happy to see him some day. At first I asked my self if i would ever see him again but then I realized, What Am I thinking I teach the plan of Salvation everyday of course I will see him again. It was really neat cause the next day we taught the Plan of salvation twice and that morning I read Alma 39, 40, and 41 they are great chapters. I love them. I'm so grateful for the gospel and the answers that it gives. I pray for the Anderson family every day. I really hope grandma is doing well. I love her Dearly. I'm so grateful for wonderful grandparents, Grandpa was a champion for raising Dad the way he did. I'm so grateful for the Example that he was. I love the gospel."
I couldn't agree with Trent more. I am very thankful for the plan of salvation and the role that the gospel plays in my life daily. This past weekend has made me extremely grateful for eternal families and extremely blessed to be apart of such an incredible family. Mermories from this weekend will last a lifetime.
Grandpa Blain you lived an incredible 84 years and wonderful example to everyone around you.
photo set up.
sign in table.
the program. my grandpa was a stud.
cutest little girl.
grandma having a moment with her brothers.
all the grandchildren singing "I am a child of god."
Grandma receiving the flag
leaving the white gloves not the casket
Putting flowers on the casket
Sister
Aunt Mel and Craig having a moment.
beautiful flowers.
beautiful grandma
family minus case and trent






1 comment:
so sweet, Becs. Love you!
Post a Comment