In June I had the opportunity to volunteer for the ONE campaign. The one campaign is a non-profit organization that was founded by Bono. My volunteering consisted of walking around for five hours before the U2 concert started at Angels Stadium in Anaheim. I wore a One t-shirt and held an iPad and my goal was to get 100 signatures so I would be able to attend the concert. It sounds pretty simple but it was actually pretty hard, I don't know if it was the shirt that said one on it or just walking around with an iPad looking desperate but people avoided us like a plague. In the end I got 109 signatures and was able to attend the concert. Before we went into the concert we had to pick a paper and if we got an x on it we got to go on stage holding a lantern at one point in the concert. Of course with my luck I didn't get an x but everyone else I was with did so they let me go on stage anyways. Being on stage was very surreal. We held these huge lanterns that we like huge flashlights about half the size of me...I am scared I was going to drop it but luckily I didn't. It was a once in a life time experience and I will never forget it!
thats the lantern I carried...HUGE
No comments:
Post a Comment